Roger Scott, Jr. served in the United States Army as a Signals Intelligence Analyst from April 1983 to May 1987. He graduated from the State University of New York, College at Oswego in 1988 with a degree in Russian Language and Literature. He then moved on to St. Thomas University School of Law, where he made Moot Court and Dean's List, was Associate Editor of the Law Review, and was a member of the prestigious Honors Fraternity Phi Delta Phi.
As part of the Office of Public Defender, Ninth Judicial Circuit as well as the Federal Public Defender's Office, Southern District of Florida, Mr. Scott developed his desire to protect and preserve the rights of the public. He is currently ranked with a BV Rating from Martindale-Hubble and is a member of the Florida State Bar.
- St. Thomas University School of Law - J.D. - 1993
- The State University of New York at Oswego - B.A. - 1988
- NORML Legal Committee - Attorney Member 1999 - Present
- The Florida Bar - Member - 1994 - Present
- University of St. Thomas Law Journal - Assistant Editor - 1990 - 1993
- Moot Court Honor Society - Member - 1990-1993
- Martindale-Hubbell - BV Rated - 2017
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel - Top One Percent - 2015
- Avvo - Client Choice Award - 2013
- Avvo - Top Contributor-Criminal Defense - 2013
- Orlando Style Magazine - Renaissance Man - 2013
- Orange County Public Defender - Significant Trial Award - 1995
- St. Thomas University College of Law - Moot Court Champion - 1991
- West Publishing - Book Award - Torts II - 1990